Lemon Couscous Salad
Last week I had a friend over for lunch and this was one of the items I made for us to share. I made enough to last our family for another meal but I have a feeling that, if given the chance, Kori and I could have finished off the whole thing. We did have two servings each. It was really good!
This recipe is perfect for those occasions when you need a make-ahead dish. It is meant to be chilled and making it the day before was perfect. It’s a great time saver.
Lemon Couscous Salad Recipe
By May 14, 2012Published:
- Yield: 8 cups (8 Servings)
- Prep: 5 mins
Last week I had a friend over for lunch and this was one of the items I made for us to share. I made enough to last our family for …
- 2 large lemons 1 for zest, both for juicing
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes I used cherry heirloom tomatoes--which is why some of them are yellow and orange
- 1 large cucumber seeded and diced
- 2 stalks green onions including the white bulb
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- 3 leaves fresh mint chopped
- 2 cups couscous cooked
- 4 oz feta cheese crumbles
- Whisk together the first four ingredients for the dressing. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl, place the remaining ingredients and then toss to combine. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and then toss again. Refrigerate overnight or for at least a few hours before serving.